Slow Food City’s Edge is a Slow Food chapter for the Kane, DeKalb & DuPage counties in IL. Slow Food is an international organization with more than 100,000 members worldwide who celebrateocal and seasonal food traditions, support sustainable agriculture and embrace the pleasures of eating good food around the table. Slow Food City’s Edge is committed to our community and the environment.
Our chapter is actively seeking members and volunteers . If you are interested in participating and learning about the slow food movement please let us know. We will contact you with additional information about joining and/or volunteering with Slow Food City's Edge.
Come meet us and learn more about what Slow Food and our chapter is all about. We will be at the 4th Annual Fox Valley Holistic Health Fair on Sunday, September 30th: 10-4pm.
Address: 716 W. State Street (in the parking lot of Soup to Nuts)
Slow Food Objective Overview:**
Food is a common language and universal right. Slow Food USA envisions a world in which all people can eat food that is good for them, good for the people who grow it and good for the planet. In essence, food that is good, clean and fair.
Seeking to create dramatic and lasting change in the food system, Slow Food USA reconnects Americans with the people, traditions, plants, animals, fertile soils and waters that produce our food. We work to inspire a transformation in food policy, production practices and market forces so that they ensure equity, sustainability and pleasure in the food we eat.
Some of our previous events:
1) You are joining an international movement of people who are committed to improving our food supply
M1 -Meet like-minded people who want to improve foods that we grow, prepare and share.
3) -Get invitations to local events coming together to support the food community.
4) -Learn about issues, stay up to date on the latest food news.
5) -Get tips on cooking, gardening and buying local foods.
6) -Explore food traditions of our Great Lakes Region and it’s people.
7) -Eat more diverse as you cook in season
8) -By joining at this time your local chapter, Slow Food City’s Edge (that's us),will receive a portion of the membership dues to help support community projects.
9) -Bring a friend to share the fun as we learn how to store and preserve the harvest in Downers Grove, Saturday Oct. 6 Funds from this event will send two of our members to Turin Italy for the international Terra Madre conference.
Ou -Our pot lucks are some of the best food you will ever sample; don’t miss out on these great meals. They are worth the membership fee.
Sign up today to be a Slow Food USA member - www.slowfoodusa.org/local.
Choose your convivium (chapter) - Slow Food City’s Edge (serving DuPage, Kane & DeKalb Counties)– Chicago area.
Our pot lucks are some of the best food you will ever sample; don’t miss out on these great meals. They are worth the membership fee.
For inquiries, volunteering, comments or suggestions about Slow Food City’s Edge email firstname.lastname@example.org